Quick And Easy Watercress Soup Recipe
Watercress is a very tasty vegetable, and in a soup, it is simply delicious ! My friend Hélène gave me a very quick and simple recipe that I would like to share with you.
Ingredients (for 2 big bowls of soup)
- 1 bunch of watercress (if possible, organic)
- 1 pat of butter (or 2)
- 2 potatoes (small size) – it is better not to peel the potatoes, so if possible, choose them organic.
- salt, pepper
Preparation (approximately 20 min)
- Rinse the watercress several times in cold water (watercress needs to be thoroughly washed ) and cut the end of the stems.
- Rinse the potatoes without peeling them.
- Let the butter melt in a cooking pot. Add the watercress and stir for a few minutes.
- When the watercress has started to shrink, add the potatoes and some water (the water must be covering the vegetables).
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes. Mix with a hand blender until the soup becomes creamy.
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
Did you know … ?
Watercress is a “super-food” because it contains :
- vitamins (it is rich in pro-vitamin A, vitamin B9 and vitamin C),
- many minerals and trace elements (calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper and zinc)